With the purchase of Tremendum Transcoder you will receive a set of default profiles which covers a wide variety of popular formats for Desktop PCs and Mobile Devices.
This format is slowly being adopted by more sites as the support for native video playback in modern browsers allows users to enjoy a rich video playback, without the need to use the always-cpu-eating flash video playback. Sites like YouTube already implemented a nice HTML5 Video support which you can test by disabling your flash plugin and browsing YouTube. The whole experience is far more satisfying specially for users with low-end hardware. An important fact about HTML5 video is that it is royalty-free, and you are not required to pay extra licences / royalties for the use of videos encoded in those formats on your web sites.
Included HTML5 Video Profiles
- WebM 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p, both in single and multipass modes. WebM is an open and royalty-free media format that is designed for the web. It uses VP8 video codec and Vorbis audio codec.
- Theora 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p, both in single and multipass modes. Theora is an open source and royalty-free media compression format, and is combined with Vorbis audio codec in a OGG container.
The H.264/MPEG-4 Part 10 or AVC (Advanced Video Coding) is a popular video compression codec widely used around the web. This format is commonly used for online video streaming deployed with a Flash player and supported with certain profile restrictions by mobile devices. Many popular sites such as YouTube and Vimeo use h264 encoded videos with ACC audio. However H264 is subject to patent licence royalties and we see companies such as YouTube progressively moving away from the proprietary Flash / H264 combination in favor of the royalty-free HTML5 video formats. If you deliver video to your visitors free of charge, you are exempt of any royalties, however if you deliver H264 encoded video in a Pay-per-View mode or a paid subscription with a total of more than 100,000 members per year basis (about 274 signups per day without renewals), you are subject to pay licence royalties. (About $0.02 per title or 2% of the title price for PPV, and $25,000 and up for sites with more than 100,000 members per year).
Included H264 Video Profiles
- 360p h264 Main profile @ level 3.0, for iPhone4, iPad, Computer.
- 480p h264 Main profile @ level 3.1, for iPhone4, iPad, Computer.
- 720p h264 Main profile @ level 3.1, for Phone4, iPod touch 4+, iPad, Computer.
- 1080p h264 High profile @ level 4.0, for iPhone 4S, Computer.
Mobile Devices Video
We include a set of different mobile device profiles, that targets from the most basic mobile phone capable of reproducing 3G video, to the latest iPad device. These profiles use h264 and MPEG-4 video codecs with AAC audio codec and have been edited to suit medium power devices like Nokia N-Series as well.
Included Mobile Devices Profiles
- 176×144 H.263 Baseline profile @ level 1.0 in a 3GP file for low-end mobile devices.
- 640×360 h264 Baseline profile @ level 3.0, for iPhone, iPad, Computer.
- 320×180 h264 Baseline profile @ level 2.1 for Nokia Nseries, iPhone, iPad, PC.
- 320×180 h264 Baseline profile @ level 2.0 for Nokia Nseries, iPhone, iPad, PC.
- 320×240 h264 Baseline profile @ level 1.3 for IPOD 5th Gen (ipod video)+
- 640×480 mpeg4 Simple profile @ level 1.0
Windows Media Video
The support for encoding WMV is limited to WMV8 codec. Newer versions such as WMV9 are not supported due to Microsoft restrictions. A future version of our program may include support for them on Windows-only hosts.
Included WMV Profiles
- WMV8 video in 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p with WMA audio v2.
We include several profiles which purpose is only to extract the audio from the video source and convert it to the provided formats.
Included Audio Extraction Profiles
- MP3 to 128k and 192k.
- ACC to 128k and 192k.
- Vorbis to 128 and 192k
- AIFF PCM
- WAV PCM
Misc Video Profiles
In this section we add different purpose profiles, and we will be adding more in the future.
Included Misc Profiles
- Apple HDV contained in MOV file to M2TS. This allows converting the video without recompression to a format more widely supported by video editing applications.
Many more profiles will be added in the future, but remember that you can add your own profiles as well.